Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Back to Knitting

The past couple of weeks I haven't been very excited about my knitting which means I've been focusing on quilting. Ordinarily this isn't a big problem, but in the fall is when I start most of my quilts. Since I don't have a big stash I've been ordering lots of fabric. While waiting for the fabric to arrive I read quilting magazines which results in shopping for more fabric. It's a wicked cycle, but since it's all been ordered with a plan I know that it will all get used. Once the fabric arrives I'll do a post of everything so that I have a record some where of my plans. Yesterday I was a bit shocked to see a post on facebook that Christmas is 100 days away. Eek!!! Since Christmas usually means lots of knitted gifts I've been focusing this week on finishing up those languishing projects.

The fronts of Blueberry are done! (Even better is the fact that they look nice and are the right size so I won't have to rip those out.) Has anyone had to rip back an entire piece of knitting before? I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to wash/soak the yarn from the back piece before I reknit it.


I've finished the heel flap on my "Father's Day" socks. My sister invited me to go to the Renaissance Fair in Minnesota this weekend so I'm looking at several hours in the car on Saturday. I should be able to turn the heel before then and this will make some great car knitting. Who knows, maybe I'll even have time to cast on a mate for Hermoine's Sock.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. Hopefully all of that busy-ness will result in some finishes soon.

      Delete
  2. I love "Blueberry"'s yarn. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete