Monday, September 29, 2014

September Supernova

I love how my block for this month turned out. This blue fabric reminds me a lot of Medusa's hair. It's a bit hard to tell from this picture, but in person the contrast in the nine patch blues is more obvious.


I'm so impressed by my partner's talent with strips. I struggled a lot with the one block I did that had directional fabric.


Since I now have two complete rows of this quilt I decided to lay them out on my kitchen floor today. I've laid the blocks out in the order we exchanged them so this probably won't be the final layout. I'm really amused by how frequently our blocks have the same fabrics for the month. (We decided on our fabric bundle together, but get to choose what fabrics we want to use each month, in what order, and what other fabrics we want to mix in.) I'm still not thrilled with last month's block, but it works rather nicely in the quilt as a whole. I'm so excited for our last row of blocks next month. I think this is going to be a really great quilt.


15 comments:

  1. Medusa's hair!? Seriously love it. Can't wait to see the finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really loving the fabric in the Ansonia Blue collection.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really excited to see this quilt put together. It's going to be so great!

      Delete
  3. I love your colour scheme! This quilt is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wasn't sure about the brown, but I think it works.

      Delete
  4. Your blocks are looking great! Well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. These blocks have definitely been pushing my skills as a quilter.

      Delete
  5. I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think they work pretty nicely together.

      Delete
  6. These are really great! Such fun colors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad my partner and I decided to use different background colors. It really adds a fun element to this quilt.

      Delete