Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Christmas 2014 Knitting has Begun

My facebook feed has been filled with frightening posts of "14 weekends left until Christmas" or the really scary one that I saw today "91 Days Left!" (Cue ominous music now.) Thankfully yesterday I finished the Father's Day Christmas socks! I was talking with my sister about them this weekend and she reminded me that Dad loves my knit things and will show them off to anyone who will look at them (which as a pastor is a lot of people) so I don't think he'll care that these have changed holidays.


I was debating between Hermione's second sock, a cowl for myself using some yarn I got last Christmas, or the first Christmas present of the year. (There are a couple works-in-progress from previous holidays that will find their way under the tree this year, but this is the first new thing.) My husband gently reminded me of last year when I was furiously knitting on Christmas eve and encouraged me to start early. After looking on Ravelry for a pattern that used yarn I had in my stash and could be finished in a couple of weeks I found Change of Heart. I love that this is a fairly easy project, but has a touch of lace, a cable, and even an i-cord that will be interesting enough to keep me working on it.

10 comments:

  1. I have started and finished a few projects early so that I am not stressed out this year. Its certainly a scary thought that Christmas is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have great plans every year and somehow still scramble at the end.

      Delete
  2. My mind has turned to Christmas knitting as well. You just shocked me with "14 weekends left" till Christmas. I guess I better do more than just "think" about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when I saw that either. It's definitely time to cast on those Christmas presents.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful socks...Christmas is a little stressful to even think about yet for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm hopinv by starting Christmas stuff early this year it will be less stressful.

      Delete
  4. That is a really pretty cowl. I look forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun working on this cowl.

      Delete