Friday, September 19, 2014

Farmer's Wife 29

It turns out my plan of easing up on myself has worked out well. Last Saturday I made 4 blocks and then on Sunday I decided to make 4 more. Since this weekend is going to be another busy one I'm saving 4 of the blocks for next weekend.

In the book Honeycomb is shown as a two color block. One of the members of the Yahoo Farmer's Wife group posted pictures last week of this block made with four colors. I loved how vibrant it made the block and decided to do a similar thing for my block.


#49 Honeycomb

I really love the Postage Stamp block. I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to cut enough pieces for an entire quilt with these 1" squares, but this block is cute enough to have me thinking about it.


#68 Postage Stamp

Rainbow Flowers is another one that has me thinking of possiblities. Not sure what's going to happen with this block either, but I've already started playing with it in EQ7.


#73 Rainbow Flowers

After finishing Steps to the Alter (I'll share that one next week) I realized I messed up on my Strawberry Basket block. When I was sewing it I was one light grey square short. I should have double checked if I really needed another light grey square, but instead I blindly cut on. The block looks okay, but the basket is lost without the dark grey triangle underneath all of the squares.


#91 Strawberry Basket

72/111
77:40

7 comments:

  1. I love the postage stamp block. Don't think I'll ever have the time or the skill to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The postage stamp block really isn't hard, just very time consuming.

      Delete
  2. Looking good! I don't think I would have the patience to do a postage stamp quilt either, but a block or two might be fun.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks, and I love your choice of a monochrome colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really getting excited to see this quilt all put together.

      Delete
  4. the black, white and gray is so striking. I think the modern color choices with the traditional blocks is going to look amazing!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your linky party. I'm really getting excited to see this quilt top finished.

      Delete