Friday, September 5, 2014

Farmer's Wife 28

This week I've been feeling like I'm falling behind. This morning I realized I need to be easier on myself. Blueberry isn't progressing because I don't feel like ripping out the back. I'll get to it when I'm ready, but maybe it's time to knit some socks. I still have 10 days left until I need to finish September's Supernova Friendship Block. I also haven't received my partner's block for August so I don't need to pressure myself there. (She's still in contact with me so I know I'll get all of my blocks. This is supposed to be a fun quilt so I'm giving myself permission to have fun.)

With my Farmer's Wife quilt I'm going to focus on a different count. Rather than the fact that we are in week 36 and I should have at least 72 blocks made I'm going to focus on the fact that there are still 16 weeks left. Writing that sentence actually makes me feel a lot better. I'm only 2 blocks away from my "quota" of two blocks a week. I have 41 blocks left to make which means I'm pretty much where I should be to finish these blocks by the end of the year. I'm deciding to enjoy the journey of these blocks instead of stressing about a schedule or the fact that I haven't started attaching sashing yet.

Thanks for letting me get that out. Creativity can be challenging some days. I believe that blogs should be honest and show the hard parts of life too. I know that I'm not the only one who struggles with things like this. I've gotten lots of comfort from fellow bloggers and hopefully sharing my struggles will help some of you. So, are you ready to see this week's blocks?


#7 Birds in the Air


#25 Cups and Saucers

68/111
75:00

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty in black and white! Gives them a contemporary look!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really loving giving this great quilt a more contemporary look.

      Delete