Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dancing the "Happy Knitting" Dance

Today I'm definitely dancing the "Happy Knitting" dance. I finished the first Hermione sock. The pattern uses a different heel and toe then I usually do. Erica did a great job of walking me through each new step which made it easy and a lot of fun to try something different. 


In more "Happy Knitting" dance news I finished the second sleeve for Blueberry. It feels like I've been working on this forever, but looking at my Ravelry page I finished both sleeves in 6 weeks. Considering all of the quilting I've been doing in those 6 weeks that's really pretty good time.


Last night I even cast on for dad's Father's Day socks. I'm using the Old Joe pattern by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee for these socks. It's the first time that I've knit socks on 3 needles, but since the pattern is repeated 3 times it makes sense to do it this way. Unfortunately it means the socks don't lay flat when I'm not working on them and there's no good way to get a good picture. My goal (in all of it's insanity) is to make a sock a week for the next four weeks so next week there should be enough progress to get a good picture (even if the sock isn't finished.)


If you're wondering I'm using Knit Pick's Stroll Fingering in Midnight Heather. It reminds me of a blackbird in that it's almost black, but has hints of greens and blues depending upon the light.

16 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely socks. I've just started sock knitting so particularly like seeing different patterns, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm really lovign the pattern for Hermione's Everyday Socks. It's a step above a basic sock, but still super easy.

      Delete
  2. Great socks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the yarn is lovely. I think your description of the colors is great. Good luck on the sock progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm really having fun seeing how this yarn is working up.

      Delete
  4. love seeing your progress this week! and starting a new pair of socks is always satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Warm weather is my time when I focus on socks so there will be lots of pairs coming in the next few months.

      Delete
  5. Those are some lovely projects! The cardigan is going to be so pretty...I love the color! And you've just reminded me that I wanted to knit my hubby a new pair of socks for Father's Day...I'd better get on it right away! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun working on the cardigan. Good luck with your socks.

      Delete
  6. good luck on your sock progress! I love the colors for your sleeves. It is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm really glad I found that blue for my cardigan.

      Delete
  7. Love the socks, the yarn for the sleeves is a delightful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing your cardigan. Your sock looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm excited to start working on the cardigan body.

      Delete