Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Fingerless Gloves continued

If you've been watching the news this week you'll be aware of the polar vortex that has hit our country. (If you're unlucky you might even be experiencing it.) Monday our high was somewhere around -10 with windchill hovering between -40 and -50. I never thought 10 degrees would be warm, but after that it really is. Unfortunately all of this cold has pretty much frozen my joints and made knitting extremely painful. The green sweater hasn't seen any love this week.

Before Christmas I cast on for these gloves. Progress has been somewhat slow since my knitting attention has been devoted to other projects. I finished the first glove last week and have cast on for the second glove. I've tried a couple of rows this week, but even simple things like this are still to hard to do right now. Thankfully the weather is predicted to be in the 30s-40s this weekend so I should be able to do some knitting later this week.


I love how delicate these cables look. I think that I will be able to make both wristlets from one 50g skein of yarn so I might make a matching hat or cowl. This yarn is way to pretty to leave buried in the stash (plus the stash is in need of serious reduction.)


2 comments:

  1. Tell me about stashbusting :-)
    Your mittens are gorgeous, the color, the pattern.. yum!!
    Jolande

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fingerless gloves are so pretty. You need to wear a pair so that you can keep knitting.

    ReplyDelete