Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Progress!!!

I finally feel like I'm making progress on this sweater. I'm 15 rows away from the armscye (which apparently is a fancy word for arm hole.) The colored high lighters are a really great motivator. I've set myself the goal of finishing at least one row a day this week. Monday and Tuesday it was only one row, but it's one more row than I had the day before. In March I'm going to an overnight quilt retreat and I'm hoping I might be able to wear this sweater in place of a coat. This might be a bit unrealistic since it assumes I can finish the never ending sweater in a month and that the weather will decide to warm up by March.

Nevertheless the end of this sweater seems to be in sight. I've even started looking for buttons. I want this sweater to be in my wardrobe for at least the next 10 years so I'm avoiding the owls. I think the moose might also be nixed, but beyond that I'm not quite sure. I think I'm going to try and find something with a Celtic design but after looking at KnitPick's site that narrows my search down to about 50 buttons. 


10 comments:

  1. My knitting consists of scarves and pot holders. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* your cable work. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this crazy ;-) I was so proud of my very first cable but there seems a long road ahead, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's a lot of cables, beautiful I might add! button searching is challenging where I live, I hope you find the perfect ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Positive thinking.... you will finish it and it will be warm enough in March to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's looking absolutely gorgeous, the cables are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! Very Irish looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Hopefully, you can finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! I love cables! Your sweater is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete