Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Lover's Knot

The good news is that I've finished my mystery quilt. (I still don't have a name for her. I'm leaning towards "Fresh Air" but I haven't made the final decision yet.) Unfortunately the rain hasn't finished. We're lucky in that we just have rain and heavy winds here so I'm really not complaining. Since I have the perfect location selected for the final photo shoot of this quilt I'm going to wait for the perfect weather. There are only so many ways you can take sneak peaks of a quilt so I've decided to branch out a little bit with today's blog posting.


Because I don't get enough quilts in my life I love reading books about quilting. Last month I stumbled upon A Drunkard's Path and loved it. I love it so much that I've decided to read the first book in the series, "The Lover's Knot." Nell is getting ready for her wedding when her fiance announces he's not ready to get married. Nell runs away for the weekend to the small town of Archer's Rest, NY where her grandmother runs the local quilt shop. Her grandmother falls down the stairs and breaks her leg prompting Nell to extend her stay. Things take an unexpected twist (while I guess not too unexpected since it's on the back cover) when the handyman expanding the quilt shop is murdered and Nell's fiance returns to win her back. I'm only half way through the book, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm can't wait to read more of the Someday Quilts Mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment