Holy Cow! It's officially been 3 months since I committed to making 2 blocks from the Farmer's Wife quilt every week. I'm 2 blocks away from the official 1/4 mark so I'd say I'm doing pretty good on my goal. This week I decided to focus on one block at a time. It's a bit different than how I usually make my Farmer's Wife blocks, but it was significantly less confusing. I think I'll have to try this again. Cat and Mice did turn out a bit small (6.25" square) but the sashing method I'm considering will give me room to fix this so I'm really not worried.
#17 Cat and Mice
I couldn't get my head around a black maple leaf. Maple Leaves are supposed to be red. Since I didn't want to add color to this quilt I decided to make a white tea leaf block instead.
Maple Tea Leaf
I think this block took the most thought this time. I struggled so much with getting all of those little triangles facing the right way. I am glad that I followed the book and used three colors for this block. I think the dark grey gives it a lot more movement.
#107 Windblown Square
This summer I'm teaching a quilt class at my local community college. I've decided to teach a simple table runner using a half hexagon template and a jelly roll. Since I was focusing on one block at a time I decided to use my hexagons as leaders and followers for my FW blocks. It's so much fun to see some color mixed in with all of the black and white.