Sunday, February 2, 2014

Happy Groundhog's Day!

Today is one of my favorite holidays. What other day of the year do we stop to celebrate a furry little rodent and imbue said rodent with the power to predict the weather? Not to mention it's very hard to commercialize Groundhog's Day. Sure there are towns across the country with their own groundhogs or substitutes that will sell accessories and souvenirs, but the local Wal-mart didn't have a single groundhog themed item. Nevertheless I do have a Groundhog's Day gift for you. (As I type this Phil has just predicted six more weeks of winter. The way things have been going I expected it, but it's still disappointing.)


This is the Writer's Block quilt I've been making for my husband. I got it quilted last weekend and just have to do the binding. Since I've been teetering on the edge of health this week my dear sweet husband is strongly encouraging me to rest today and celebrate Groundhog's Day with a winter movie marathon. It will be a while before I can do a final photo shoot, but pictures will come when the weather gets a little better.

1 comment: