Wednesday, September 18, 2013

More Socks

The blue socks are done. It's been so nice to have a simple pattern to take a break with after the long project of Omelet. I'm going to be mean and make you guys wait just a little bit longer before I reveal Omelet. She really deserves her own finish post and not to be lumped in with a bunch of socks.

Basic Ribbed Sock; Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight: Surf

Monday I cast on a pair of socks for the husband. It's another basic pair of ribbed socks. The yarn is KnitPicks Felici in Kingpin. I got it when they had their summer sale and the yarn is discontinued, but in looking at the colors Felici currently comes in I may have found some more sock potential.

Basic Ribbed Sock; KnitPicks Felici: Kingpin

The one problem I foresee with these socks is that I have a 4.5 hour car ride home ahead of me today and I'm almost to the heel. I've heard of DPN sock knitters working two socks at once by making one leg, then the second, then working both heels and gussets that way, then working the feet for both socks, and finally the toes. I brought a second set of DPNs with me, so I might cast on the second sock for the drive home. I think it's going to be a bit too challenging to work a heel and gusset riding in the car. Next week I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I've turned a short row heel riding in the car, so I don't think a gusset would be too bad -- depends on the road, I suppose. Bad lighting and curves wouldn't be any fun.

    I try to keep my car knitting to stuff that I can do without looking down at my hands or counting.

    ReplyDelete