Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Never Ending Shawl

It feels like I've been working on this shawl forever. It just keeps going and going. Some of this is the fact that this shawl is one of the more complicated projects I've made (not to mention my first real attempt at lace) and requires a lot more focus than my knitting usually does. 


One of the things I love about blogging is the ability to see a project's progress. Turns out Omelet made it's debut on the blog July 17. I guess my progress isn't so bad when I consider I've only been working at it for a month. 


I have a couple pairs of socks with simple ribbing waiting to go on my needles. I think they will be the perfect project to celebrate the completion of Omelet.


15 comments:

  1. Still loving it :) Great Progress!
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on knitting! All projects end sooner or later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing a wonderful job and this is your first lace? It' looks great! Just wait til you block it and you will be amazed at how beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful job. That is wonderful lace. I enjoy lace knitting, so it is fun even if it takes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning shawl, gorgeous colour. It will definitely be worth the time, when its finished. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. that shawl is beautiful. such delicate work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first attempt at lace?! It's beautiful! And such an intricate design. Well done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this your own pattern or is there a link? I love the pattern and the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern is Omelet from Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEss11/PATTomelet.php) and the yarn is Shimmer Hand Dyed Lace Yarn in Buttercream from KnitPicks.

      Delete
  9. The shawl will be lovely! Just keep at it and it will be finished before you know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's amazing to have gotten that far in a month. Your Omelet is gorgeous, beautiful color, beautiful pattern, beautiful knitting. It will be fantastic when it is blocked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your lace looks lovely before blocking....wowza! :)

    ReplyDelete