Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sleeve Update 5

This sweater is starting to reveal it's problems. The multiple charts for the back make absolutely no sense to me. In truth the problems are probably with the knitter and not the pattern, but let's just skip over that little detail. One of the ladies in my quilt guild is an experienced knitter so she'll be able to help me figure out how to do the back.

For today I'm going to focus on the positives. All of my quilts for the show are finished so this weekend I was able to focus all of my attention on knitting. The attention paid off because I was able to finish the second sleeve!

My husband pointed out last night that the sleeves may be a little larger since I was able to try them on over the sweater I was wearing. I'm planning on wearing this sweater as a top layer so I'm not that worried about it being big. Hopefully when I block it everything will work out.  

As I was taking these pictures my camera battery decided it was a good day to die. I apologize for the blurriness, but since my goal was to finish both sleeves by Ginny's Yarn Along this week I wanted to show off that I did indeed finish.

1 comment:

  1. well at least they match. I fear sweater knitting because I can't regulate my stitches.
    I found your blog thru Sew many Ways. I knit and Quilt too...