Saturday, April 13, 2013

Baby Sweater

My quilt guild hosts a work night once a month and it is such a great time to get advice and work on big projects. Last night I was able to get the Modern Quilt top basted. I'm absolutely in love with basting spray. It still took two hours to get everything smooth, but my fingers aren't in pain from opening hundreds of safety pins and dreading the part where I remove all of those pins during the quilting process. Today I'm hoping to get all of the quilting finished and attach the binding. We'll see if I still love the basting spray when I'm done.

There are no quilting pictures to share today, but since one of my best friends received her baby shower gift in the mail (incidentally she also gave birth to her son this week) I get to share this cute baby sweater I made for him.


I was hoping that April would be snow free (haha) so I knit this sweater sized for a one year old. He should get lots of use out of this sweater next winter, and with this size he'll fit into it during most of the cold season. I love how it just has two buttons at the top. It should make dressing time really easy, and won't get in the way when he's moving around. I'm hoping that he uses this often enough that there's nothing left for his siblings to inherit. I'm a firm believer in the idea that knits should be well loved and replaced with new knits when they wear out.


If you're wondering the pattern is Jonah's Hoodie and is knit in Lion's Baby First in Sea Sprite. (My pictures show the yarn as a little more blue than it really is.)



No comments:

Post a Comment