Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Year of Socks

I have decided that this year I want to focus on knitting socks. Of course I'm too scatterbrained to spend an entire year knitting nothing but socks, but I'm hoping to complete at least one or two pairs every month. I've been knitting for two years so socks are still fairly new to me. I'm hoping that by the end of this year my husband and I will have a pair of hand knit socks for every day of the week.

My sister gave me some sock yarn for Christmas and I couldn't resist making them the first pair in 
The Year of Socks.

I'm using the "I Love Gansey" pattern from Sock Club. Cables are probably not the best choice for this yarn, but with a high of 4 degrees I couldn't think of doing a sock with lacy holes. 

The cables and purled hearts get a bit lost in the self-striping socks, but I rather like the effect they have on the yarn. (Don't you just love those needles too? They were a Christmas gift from my MIL.)


2 comments:

  1. Love the Hobbit Pics, and do you do leg warmers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could make leg warmers, but never have. I never wear clothing that's tight on my legs and don't wear skirts very often so I don't have too much use for leg warmers.

      Delete