Friday, January 19, 2018

New Adventure

This post has been one I've been trying to write for the past several weeks. I'm not sure how many "new adventures" one person is allowed to have, but I've changed paths again. It seems that every time I change paths I come back to my blog. The blog may not last or might only be a post every month or two, but today I realized that I write my blog because I like writing. As much as I love having followers who have stuck with me through my long absences (thank you to all of you who are still here) and have even gained new followers (hi!) I write because I like it. Even when I'm not writing I find myself organizing my thoughts into paragraphs for writing so I need to start writing things down again. I also love my blog because it reminds me where I've been. It's easy to look back at adventures that didn't turn out how I planned and feel discouraged, but I read my old posts and remember the excitement I felt at the beginning and the joy I had during the journey.

So what's the newest adventure? I'm opening a sewing machine service and repair business! Two of my friends own Stitch Studio, my local quilt shop, and offered me the opportunity to start a business. The business is entirely mine, but they are offering me a space to work, advertising with their existing costumers, and mentors who recently started their own business. I also am returning to quilt designing. Designing patterns is something I've loved since I discovered quilting, but I've been so mentally exhausted with work that I haven't been able to create new patterns. The ideas have started flowing again and I expect there will be a lot of new quilts and patterns that I will be sharing. 

Since every post needs a picture I'm going to end this with a picture of Flamingo Love. This is a quilt I designed using the 2017 Kona Color of the Year for a competition at Stich Studio.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new venture, wishing you every success.

    ReplyDelete