Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hermione Sock Part Two

After finishing the Christmas knitting I decided it was time to work on something for me. I debated between socks, finishing blueberry, a cowl I've been drooling over, a hat that I have the perfect yarn for, or mittens. Our high today is -10 before windchill (yes that's in Farenheit and yes that is bone chilling cold) so maybe I should have chosen the mittens or hat, but I've decided to bring back my socks. I thought that I had finished the first sock sometime last fall and was shocked when looking through my posts to see that I finished the first sock in May. 


Thankfully I've written fairly good notes so I'm not too worried about the socks matching. I think that I used a smaller needle for the second cuff, but after switching to a size 2 needle for the body of the sock it's looking the same as the first sock. These socks are for me so I'm not going to worry about them matching perfectly. If one cuff is tighter than the other it is okay.

4 comments:

  1. A great start to the new year to finish off a project. Love the colour of the socks, delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I haven't made many purple socks yet and am really having fun with this color.

      Delete
  2. I love your socks - the pattern stitch and yarn is lovely. I can send you some warm weather if you wish? It was 77 degrees when I came in from my walk today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 77 sounds amazing although right now I'd settle for being able to breathe while walking outside. Right now it's so cold that the air just freezes your lungs.

      Delete