Saturday, May 18, 2013

Shoo Fly

All of my quilts that I finished this year (which pretty much means all of my quilts) are currently hanging in the quilt show right now. If you happen to be in Orange City, IA today celebrating the Tulip Festival stop by the Bultman Center for the Sioux Prairie Quilt Guild's annual quilt show. I decided to share my entry into the Challenge from last year. Last year's challenge was to make a quilt interpreting the name of a traditional block i.e. an actual log cabin on a quilt rather than the log cabin block. Somewhere in the quilt we needed to use our inspiration block.

I chose to do the Shoo Fly. This quilt finishes at 24"x24" and was my first attempt at free motion quilting. The front looks pretty good, but I refuse to show the back. It has more than a few tangles. I haven't tried FMQ since then, but it's on my list of things to work on this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment