Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chocolate Dreams

The past few weeks have been very hectic. Normally I'm not much of a cook, but I took a group of my clients to an apple orchard recently and came home with two pecks of apples. I'll share my canning adventures later on, but today I want to share this delicious recipe for no-bake nutella cheesecake I found onA Law Studen'ts Journey. I meant to post this on Saturday but the Chicago Fire was playing. I'm pleased to report we won, but watching the game didn't leave time for much else that day. (Those of you not familiar with Fire they play soccer.)

Anywho, I wanted a fast and easy dessert to enjoy with our game day meal and found these adorable little cheesecakes. For the crust I mixed 12 crushed oreos generic fudge cookies (it's called a budget) and 3T melted butter. Once they were combined I pressed them into the bottom of my glasses. I love desserts in jars and four of these divided perfectly between four jelly jars.

For the filling I whipped together a block of cream cheese, 2/3c. of nutella, and 1 t vanilla. After they were whipped together I used a spatula and folded in a tub of whipped cream. If I were fancier I'd probably pipe it in, but I just scrapped it in using my spatula.


These would be really fun and easy to do for a party or shower as dessert shooters. The recipe would be super easy to double or triple as need be.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love this! New fan here - I found you through Cowgirl Up! I would love for you to come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-3.html

    ReplyDelete