Sunday, August 24, 2014

Weekender Travel Bag Part 3

I finally finished my weekender bag! (Okay so I still have to make the false bottom and I'm adding a shoulder strap that I need to find clips for, but the bag at least resembles a finished product and is useable if the bottom and strap never get added.)


I love that this bag turned out exactly how I imagined it would. 


I was a little worried because I'd read that this was a really hard bag to make, but it wasn't too bad. I think I might be making this for Christmas or birthday gifts (haven't decided which,) but I've already started picking out fabrics for my next one.


12 comments:

  1. Kymberly.. what a darling bag you made! I love how you arranged all your fabrics and made it in stages too! Great job :) Thanks for sharing it! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathi. I think people have problems with this bag when they try to do it too quickly. By breaking it into stages similar to how I work on a quilt it was really manageable.

      Delete
  2. It looks amazing! That orange piping is fabulous. I can't believe you're already planning another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. The bag was actually pretty fun to make, but I think it will be a few months before I tackle the next one.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful bag, the fabric and the orange piping was delightful would make stunning gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really love how the orange piping turned out.

      Delete
  4. This is so fun! How you you plan to attach the shoulder strap to the bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I attached some D rings below the zipper when I was assembling my side panels so I'm planning to use some clips so that the shoulder strap can be added when I want it.

      Delete
  5. Love your version of the weekender! Such a great focal print and the piping sets it off beautifully.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really love how great the fabric works in this bag.

      Delete
  6. Wow! I love your fabric choices for this bag. I've heard so many "it's so hard" stories about this bag too, so I haven't been game to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! Love your colors and the fabrics! You are an inspiration to make this, too!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete