Thursday, October 20, 2011

A New Blog is Created

I've quietly been stalking various crafting blogs for months now. While I enjoy reading about crafts, I like making them even more. As I read what other crafters are doing I realize that I can do that too. I've even started taking pictures as I've been creating things with the intention of writing future tutorials. The time has come for me to take the plunge and start sharing what I've been making.

You'll see a little bit of everything here. I'm one of the fortunate people who's mother is a genius with a sewing machine and passed some of her knowledge on to me when I was young. She still gets random calls when I get stuck. In college I would amaze (or maybe annoy) my friends when I'd sit near a small lamp and cross-stitch during movie nights. I even inspired others to bring their crafts out of the closets on movie nights and got to learn crochet. Most recently I've begun quilting, knitting, and have leads on learning to spin. I'm sure as I go I'll find my voice and will focus on a single craft more. Of course it's also possible that my voice is not a single voice, but a dozen chipmunks each going their own way doing their own crafty thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment